AC Installation & Replacement in Wilmington, DE
Conveniently Install or Replace Your Air Conditioning Unit
The right air conditioning system provides a reliable source of cooling on the hottest summer days. Subcool Heating & Air Inc. is a licensed and insured HVAC contractor offering AC installation and replacement in Wilmington, DE. We offer a large selection of high-quality, energy-efficient air conditioners and professional installation from a team with more than 15 years of industry experience.
Get your free estimate for AC installation or replacement in Wilmington by calling (302) 200-4266 or contacting us online today!
What Are Signs You Need AC Replacement?
Air conditioning systems are a big investment, so you obviously want to get the most from your current system before considering replacement. However, it makes sense to replace the system before it completely breaks down. Although your air conditioning system may still be working, there are some warning signs that indicate the time is coming for replacement.
Your AC system may be on the way out when it:
- Costs more to operate – Are your electric bills increasing, but your air conditioner usage hasn’t changed? This can be a sign that your system is wearing out and you need AC replacement.
- No longer cooling your home efficiently – An air conditioner that is near the end of its expected life may no longer be performing reliably or cooling your home sufficiently due to normal wear and tear.
- Cools some areas of the home more than others – When the cooling is uneven in different areas of your home, your air conditioning system may be nearing the end of its life.
- Requires frequent repair services – If you are frequently paying AC repair bills, your money may be better spent replacing your existing system.
Replacing your air conditioning before it has completely died improves home comfort and helps you save money on utility bills and repair costs. If your central air conditioning system is more than ten years old and exhibiting any of the above warning signs, give us a call for more information about AC installation and replacement in Wilmington.
What to Consider Before Installing a New AC Unit
Before we can proceed with AC installation or replacement in Wilmington, you will need to choose a new air conditioning system for your home.
Here's what you should consider before installing a new AC unit:
- Size – The size is the most important factor for optimal comfort and performance. An air conditioner that is too big will cycle on and off too frequently, which makes it less efficient for cooling the home, and the house may be too humid. A system that is too small will run constantly, which increases energy costs and wear and tear on the unit.
- Energy efficiency – The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER) provides information about how well an air conditioner uses energy. All new models must have at least a 14 SEER rating, but there are many with much higher ratings.
- Cost – When considering cost, it is important to factor in both the cost of the new system and the operating cost. A more efficient system that costs a bit more initially but uses less energy may be a better investment.
We can evaluate the size and layout of your home to calculate the capacity needed for reliable and energy-efficient home cooling. Our indoor comfort specialists provide the information you need to find the best air conditioner for your home.
In addition, we can help you consider additional features and accessories, such as a programmable thermostat or smart thermostat to give you greater control over your indoor environment.
Experience that Matters
Quality Service & Products
Locally Owned & Operated
Solution Oriented Service
Service Without Upselling